Thursday, September 24, 2020

 2-28-00 M 1:08 PM 

I'm in class.  We're reading about life in the eastern forests three hundred years ago.  Mauren wanted to know if they bought TVs.  Yahaira said, "No, they didn't have TVs back then; they only had radios."

It was hard to get out of bed this morning.  I typed fifteen minutes.  Strummed a little.  Rode to work.  Bought a paper at the market.  The kids talked about their weekends and wrote and read from their journals.  I prepped my plans for the week and filed a bunch of shit off my desk.  At recess, I Xeroxed some crap. We did an estimation lesson for math.  At lunch, I stayed in and read the paper.  The police chief of Tijuana was assassinated.

Yesterday, Rochelle and her mom and I drove over to the Cechi Gori on Wilshire in Beverely Hills and saw "The Insider," about a tobacco company whistleblower and the strange interworkings of the laws/courts/media/FBI/corporations/etc.  It was ok.  After the film, we went to the El Torito Grill and had a couple drinks and some dinner.  Carol gave Rochelle a ride home to borrow her sister's car.  Malia is in San Francisco until Wednesday.  I added two boring short lines of dialog to Jim and wanked off and went to bed.  I read the beginning of that Mysteries of the Bible book just to try to kind of reinforce my understanding of the characters and chronology.  I also read the preliminary data on the Knopf edition of the Koran.  Then I turned off the light and slept.

I still have Blake to read today.  I have to type a third-person page, maybe a letter to New Orleans.  Our new refrigerator should be here by now.  I need to ask Rochelle to show me how to do the web page for school.  I've got the receipt from Staples for that game that doesn't work.  I have to go to the LACAS office.  I accidentally signed in for a day I didn't work.  I have to get a book for one of my students.  I haven't eaten today.  I forgot to bring the video that's due back to Blockbuster today.  We should watch "Virginia Woolf" tonight or this afternoon.  I can't find that two-hundred-dollar check that Yokoshita's sent.  I'm such a dumbfuck.  Maybe I'll have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when I get home.  I should get the little idiots ready to go home now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home