Monday, August 24, 2020

2-23-00 W 12:55 PM
Rain.  Rainy Day Schedule at school.  The kids are watching a remake of "The Parent Trap."  I typed fifteen minutes this morning.  I had to walk to school because I couldn't ride my bike with my umbrella.  I got The Times and The Daily News.  I read The Times.  McCain won Michigan and Arizona.  McSorley will be kicked out of the NHL, maybe get jail time, for an on-ice assault.  We did a lesson on fantasy and reality.  The kids had to team up and write stories that could be either real or fantasy.  They would then read them to each other and everyone would guess which were which.  Half of them wrote about "Boogerland," "Pooh Pooh People," and "Buttheads."  I walked in the rain to Fromex at lunch and dropped off my film.  Then I went to Staples and got an ink cartridge for my printer.  I got a CDROM computer game for Rochelle to play on her computer and also an adventure game called "Tomb Raider."  I looked at calendars, but they didn't have any good ones.  Then I splashed over to Blockbuster and rented a couple videos.  I rented "Ten Things I Hate About You," (which is supposed to be an updated reworking of The Taming of the Shrew) and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf."  Hopefully, Rochelle will feel a little better.  She has a head cold.  My brother is supposed to be coming up to the house this afternoon so we can go to the district offices and I can help get his sorry ass a job.  I'll have to write a third-person page when we get home.  Got more "Jerusalem" to read in Blake.  Find my birth certificate.  Mail Amy Carman's letter.  Write to the Joneses.  Go to LACAS.  Should I propose to work at LA High?  I'm going to have to take a bus or cab if the rain doesn't let up.  Or I guess I can have my sorry-ass brother drop me off, maybe.  I told Slim I go out to The Bounty with him Friday.  Thing and Jonette might go out to Bahooka with us on Friday.  We've got to get a car first.  Saturday I'm supposed to go to Rawler's and check out a couple houses on his street.  We've got tickets to see "Fantasia 2000" at 5:00 on Saturday.  I think my game is at 12:30 at Crystal Springs in Griffith Park.  Grass infield!  Pitcher's mound!  Principal Havard asked me to help develop a Wilshire Hill web page.  I had two slices of pizza for breakfast.  No lunch.  Rochelle is making chicken for dinner, but I'll be helping my sorry-ass brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home