Tuesday, September 15, 2020

 2-26-00 1:25 PM 

I found the hollow shell of a spider in a web on the porch.  Did it molt? 8:25 PM  Rochelle and I are in the subterranean bowels of the city, awaiting the subway.  

We woke up about 8:30 this morning.  We chopped red, green, and white onion, cilantro, and broccoli, and sauteed it all in a pan before poured in eggs scrambled with Swiss, cheddar, Parmesan, basil, oregano, cayenne, rosemary, pepper, and Lawry's, and ate it with tortilla, salsa, sour cream, bloody Mary's, and coffee. John Ball said he and Nina had to pick up their son in Highland Park, and then they would come get us to go to "Fantasia."  I rode down to Sav-On on my bike and got head cleaner for the VCR and a newspaper.  I showered.  I read Blake while I sat in the backyard.  Typed fifteen minutes.  I was playing guitar when John and Nina showed up.  John said it sounded like I've been practicing. [smile]  We had a beer each, and I told them the tale of Pappy the Cynical Parrot.  We got high and drove to Robbie's and Jeremy's in Redondo, South African brothers riding the new tech economy.  We drank beer.  They have a ferret.  A bunch of people came.  We popped our heads in the Jet Hangar bar.  We went to the temporary IMAX theater Disney built off Howard Hughes Parkway.  "Fantasia 2000" is mostly forgettable.  After the movie, we asked Nina to drop us off at the green line station.  I read the paper while we rode to the blue line and switched to the red line.  We got off the train because I thought we had to transfer again.  As the train was pulling away, a couple of bystanders I queried informed us it was the one we should have been on.  So, we decided to walk up to The Bounty.  That's where we are now.  I got a Turkey rocks.  Rochelle got a dry Ketel One martini.  I don't want to stay long.  We're going to go home and watch "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf."  I think our game is going to be rained out tomorrow.  Chris Rock says the crappy thing about being married is not being allowed to screw other women.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home