Monday, August 10, 2020

 2-18-00 F 4:40 PM
Ugh.  I typed fifteen minutes this morning before we left for the Corona Superior Temple of Satan.  We waited out front in the cold for the doors to be opened.  Then we waited to be scanned by a trio of lesser demons before entering Limbo.  We waited nearly an eon in Limbo while other souls were called to be judged. A couple cases of mistaken identity were released back into the world.  Then a break was called before the misdemeanors were heard.  Commissioner Anders would not dismiss the charge, but reduced the fine to the cost of round-trip airfare to Hawaii for two--a mere six-hundred-and-fifty-one-dollar speeding ticket.  I hope he gets a sunburn, if not him, the governor, or maybe whichever of the fates was, or is, in charge of my case.  We got home with just enough time to change clothes, and we dropped Rochelle's rental at the Enterprise lot on La Brea and Beverly.  We walked to El Coyote and made ourselves fatter on beer, Kahlua and coffee, and signature scratch margaritas.  When were done, I rolled one while we waited for the cab.  A brain-damage victim wanted to talk.  He was nice, poor bastard.  Bless him.  We had a smoke in front of the airport.  I walked to the gate on wobbly legs, even though I hadn't finished the smoke, nor even gotten to the good part really.  We're on the plane now.  Finished La Opinion. Trate hacer la crucigrama, pero no pude completar mas de tres o cuatro palapbras.  Now I'm doing this.  Rochelle doesn't like to fly.  After this, I'll read some Blake.  I have the last essay in the Best of 1994 to read next.  I brought the weeklies to do their crosswords.  Mount Shasta is out the window, says the pilot, but we can't see it because we're seated near the emergency door which has no proper window.  We're supposed to arrive in Seattle at five fifty-three where we change planes to fly to Spokane.  I've never landed in Seattle before.  I've landed in Portland, Reno, Boise, and Oakland, and I've driven to Seattle and arrived on a train, but this is the first I've flown into the Emerald City.  We're supposed to get into Spokane at seven fifty-two.   I don't know what the heck to do with my folks nor what they'll do with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home