Sunday, July 05, 2020

2-19-00 10:50 AM M
I'm in class.  It's raining again.  The kids are doing a math assignment.  I woke up early this morning, but I just lay in bed and listened to the radio.  They were talking about whether the soft drink Mountain Dew kills sperm.  Whatever.  I didn't shower this morning because I hadn't done anything since yesterday's shower that necessitated a new one.  I just got dressed, trimmed my beard, and gelled my hair.  I had some coffee, but I forgot to take my vitamin. I put a Valentine card and the perfume on the kitchen table.  I felt like kind of a lame-o.  I started writing a third-person page, but I wanted a ride to work, so I left with Rochelle before I was done. I got the newspaper.  McCain and Bush are neck and neck in South Carolina.  The kids used the computers before the bell rang.  Then they talked about their weekends and wrote in their journals while I planned the lessons for the week.  I took care of the register and copied some information for a salary point workshop I may attend.  I went to see Phylicia to ask some more questions about my deduction, but she wasn't in the office.  I hope I can get a ride home today.  I'm feeling confident about this interview.  I wonder if I'll make less over the long run, though, than if I just stay in elementary school.  Hmm.  So, I'll figure out what to say for that interview and head over to the adult school around 4:30.  I've been in bilingual education for eight years.  I've worked within the Krashen philosophy and now the Unz Initiative.  I worked at an Eastman model school for four years with a majority of primary language instruction, and now I'm at a westside school that's more into English immersion.  I understand second language acquisition because I've done it.  I completed Project READ with Dr. Calfee which emphasizes a phonics-based approach, but I'm also familiar with whole-language models.  I've been to numerous language and literacy conferences including the Bilinugal Education Committee's UCLA seminar.  I worked on the Partners in Education in Pacoima, a Title VII grant through which we offered family math, and I coordinated the after-school tutoring program at Sharp Avenue Elementary for two years.  I implemented the use of a series called Children's Books of Responsibility.  I attended la Tardeada de Literatura,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home