Tuesday, March 24, 2020

1-28-00 F 11:48 AM
I'm at Tam's.  The sun shines through the shades in stripes on the table.  I just finished eating.  I wasn't hungry, and I swore I wouldn't eat 'til I got home today, and then I came here and ate anyway.  Weird compulsion.  I have to get a plunger.  I wrote a letter to Grandma Miller yesterday and put it in the mail with a picture of Rochelle and me.  Then I watched Tyffany Mynx get       by a room full of        .  I rode over to LACAS and got some more books for my class.  Jose showed me his new reels.  I rode to class.  They're learning numbers and "next to" and "across from" and how to find a room in a school.  Class ended early so the teachers could go to a workshop.  I rode home first and had a bourbon and a smoke.  I was a little buzzed when I walked into the meeting.  It was very lame.  I felt superior to the other teachers.  I was silent lording it over them because I knew I was a great teacher, and they were not.  I left at nine o'clock even though the meeting wasn't over.  I heard one of the lame-o's whining when I said good-bye.  "How come he's leaving?  I want to leave," and a lady said, "Because he's bold."  Yeah.  That's me.  Bold.  I drank beer with Rochelle when I got home, and we switched channels around and baked some stuffed pork chops.  I talked to Getoff about what kind of guitar to order and how to start a business.  He said you just declare yourself a private contractor.  We talked about drinking tonight.  I would like to shoot some pool this afternoon.  I have to write Gramma Zurn a letter.  We've got "Notting Hill" to watch.  I might go see "The Straight Story" tomorrow.  I think I'm supposed to pick Bern up from the airport tonight.  We'll ride the bus to the Westside Pavilion tomorrow.  Mariachi's having a party tomorrow at which Rochelle will be the guest of honor.  There is no baseball game this Sunday in honor of the Super Bowl.  I found an Italian/English dictionary on the sidewalk yesterday morning.  It was all wet, but I left it on the bench outside my classroom door to dry in the sun and it is now only slightly damp.  Walter said, "Mr. Zurn, my tooth is loose."  I said, "Come here.  I'll knock it out for you."  He didn't come.  Yahaira Yahaira Yahaira said, "Mr. Zurn, Angel take my eraser Barbie."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home