Friday, March 13, 2020


1-26-00 W 2:04 PM I’m sitting on a bench at the handball area on the Wilshire Hill playground.  I typed fifteen lame minutes this morning.  Mostly, I just sat there.  Them I put on my jacket and got on my bike and rode to school.  I left my bike in class and walked across the playground to the office.  I got my mail and signed in before walking over to the corner store for a newspaper and a cup of coffee (We’re out of coffee at home.  Plus, I need two AA batteries for my beard trimmer).  Mohammed, the clerk at the store, didn’t have change, so I told him he could just give it to me tomorrow.  I went to the break room by the cafeteria.  An old gal in there who had come out of retirement to sub talked about how disrespectful the students are now than when she was teaching.  The bell rang, and I led my kids up to class.  They had had to rewrite their personal narratives for homework.  They read their final drafts to the class.  Jocelyn Palacios wrote the best one.  It was about how the death of her great-great-grandmother affected her family.  Most of the others were crap.  After that we did a lesson on exclamations and commands. Then it was recess.  I correct their math pre-tests.  Most of them did well.  It was a take-home test.  We corrected their chapter reviews.  Then, it was time for lunch.  I copied their final chapter test. Then I read the newspaper.  I got a ham and cheese croissant.  I wish I wouldn’t have.  Pedro’s mom came to sign papers to have him moved to the r----d class.  3:07  PM I’m in Tracy Holzt’s room.  She teaches orthopedically handicapped children.  We’re trying to figure out what to do with one of her students who studies with me in the mornings.  The girl’s name is Charli, and she has a cleft palette and aphasia.  I’ve got to ride up to the developer and pick up my film.  4:31 PM  I’m lying in bed now.  I took my shoes off.  I don’t usually take me shoes off when I get home in the afternoon since I always go to go out to moonlight in the evening, but I did today, and it feels pretty good.  I’ve got to go to LACAS and fill out my payroll card.  I’m going to begin Paradise Lost today.  Sort of an interlude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home