Wednesday, January 29, 2020


1-17-00 1:10 PM M
I’m off Malibu, fishing aboard the Sea Spray.  Rawler and I drove down to Redondo this morning and boarded at eight.  We haven’t had much luck.  I got a little sculpin and a tom cod and threw ‘em both back. The guy right next to me has landed to keeper halibut, about a seven-pounder and a fifteen-pounder.  It’s always the guy right next to me. 
I typed fifteen minutes yesterday morning.  I read most of the paper and typed fifteen minutes before Pablo and Sanyo showed up.  We went to Farmer’s Market for breakfast.  Since I’ve grown my beard, the guys have been calling me Wade Boggs; so, I had some chicken sausage with my eggs.  We watched the Rams beat the Vikings on the tv behind the counter.  After we ate, we walked around the market.  We stopped in the candle shop, and I bought a long, flat, horizontal candle with several wicks in it to put in the faux fireplace.  I think there must have been a chimney once, probably came down in a quake and has since then been sealed off.  Actually, Rochelle paid for the candle.  We went back home and waited for Mo and John, and when they came, we drove out to Cheviot Hills for our baseball game.  The other team didn’t show, so we won by forfeit.  We took infield and had a round of batting practice.  After that, we drove back home.  Watched Tennessee beat Indianapolis with a little help from the refs.  I finished the paper, showered, and started a third-person page before Rochelle’s sister, Millie, and her fiancé, Steve, came to go to dinner.  We drove out to Pasadena and ate at Buppa di Beppo.  Ate a lot of Italian food.  Millie and I had a belching contest.  She won.  Rochelle and I drove home with my hands in her pants.  We were too tired and full to do anything when we got home, though.  I promised Rochelle I’d cook her a fish dinner tonight, but the fish ain’t cooperating.  I read today’s paper on our way up to Malibu.  We’re about to stop and try again.  I’ll read some Blake the next time we weigh anchor.  “The Daughters of Albion.”  Maybe I should read McCain while at sea.  I’m thinking of getting a burger.  We’re going to rent a movie tonight.  Back to school tomorrow. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home