Thursday, September 12, 2019


12:50 PM 12-8-99 W
I didn’t go to work on account of a mild cold.  Yesterday I got a check from the district for a net two hundred and forty-eight dollars.  Some in the office said it was money for not using any sick days.  So now I’ve taken two this week.  I’d really like to concentrate on writing more today.  I’m a little high and a little tripped out about not being at work.  Life is so strangely wonderful.  The clock tock I hear plus some other beat that’s not my heart.  What is that?  Rochelle just called.  I told my stepmother that something about the girl I’ve been seeing reminded me of her.  I left a message for my sister.  I moved the cynical parrot into the kitchen.  Shirelle’s tree got blown over on the porch, and some of its branches broke off, so I brought it back in.  I’m wondering when she’s gonna pick it up, but I don’t really want to talk to her.  ~~~~-Some little bit of sadness in that. ~~~~~Tales of ratiocination.  Poe’s deductive reasoning and macabre fascinations are a pain in the ass in “Marie Roget.”  I’ve got to work more on that when I’m done here.  I pick some of my reading so randomly.  I like randomness.  What else?  I’ve got to work tonight.  Walters and I went up to Larchmont this morning for coffee and bagels and to read the paper but mostly just to talk about women.  I could go for a glass of wine.  Or maybe water.  After I read the rest of the thirty pages of that dumb Poe piece, I’ll print and do a third-person page and print some more.  Birds don’t fart, do they?  The difference between love and lovely…I’ve got to figure out what to do with the Chrysler.  I wonder how bad I’m going to get nailed on my taxes for this year.  Here’s a UCLA winter quarter extension catalog of classes.  Should I look into taking a Saturday class?  A writing class [pensive cartoon face in black ink]?  I’m squatting on the wood floor with my back against the sofa.  My knees are a little achy.  I could go for swinging a bat.  Poe’s stupid story.  My stupid story.  Rewrite in the works.  Tomorrow’s that rehearsal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home