Tuesday, August 20, 2019


11-30-99 Tu 12:50 PM
I’m at school.  I’m waiting for my conferences to come.  I have kind of a sore throat.  I can’t wait to get home and let the bird, Chester, the Cynical Parrot, out of his cage.  I’m looking forward to talking to Rochelle again.  I need a staple gun.  Should I hook up my modem again?  She seemed to want me to.  We talked about taking Friday off.  So we can see each other before I go to fucking Vegas.  Maybe I should see if I can get her out to Vegas.  I typed fifteen minutes this morning.  Rode my bike to work.  I need to get Rochelle’s work number and address.  Duh duh duhr duh.  I have to read Slim Jim Phantom’s untitled story.  Maureen is grappling with cosmic philosophical questions.  She wants to know who God’s father is.  I read “The Black Cat” and reread “The Cask of the Amontillado” and “The Tell-Tale Heart.”  I read the newspaper today.  I’ve got to do another third-person page.  Got to get detergent, soap, and paper towels.  The Tazmanian Devil is a coffee mug a kid [ink line drawing of Loony Tunes’ Tasmanian Devil] gave me.  Maureen sure is a curious and talkative little girl.  Rochelle was talking about having children last night.  I’ve known her about seventy-two hours and think I could about go for it.  Is that for real?  Am I fool?  Am I just swimming for the nearest flotsam in a storm-tossed ocean?  Or have I reached a safe harbor after years on that ocean?  Can I trust my instincts? I’m going to read “Hop Frog” next.  I made my bed this morning, but my watch came while I did it.  When I was done, I couldn’t find the watch anywhere.  Ugh.  I don’t want to work tonight.  I want to see Rochelle.  I’m obviously just a psycho.  I drop one obsession and pick up another.  Yeah, but this obsession likes me back.  Javonia, Dijon, Geleeza, and Lamarr, all former students, are in here screaming and singing and acting bizarre while Maureen peppers me with existential questions I can’t answer.  I should type up some shit to give to Jim and Manny.  When I finish this, I’ll read Phantom’s thing.  I wish I had time to work out.  I think I’ve lost about ten or fifteen pounds in the last month and half, but now I need to build some muscle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home