Wednesday, August 28, 2019

12-3-99 1:05 PM F
[pencil sketch of an ape with a straight razor in a room with a window and fireplace, two sacks on the floor, two portraits of women on a wall]  I just finished reading "The Murders in the Rue Morgue."  Preposterous.  Poe was an ass.  I typed that letter of recommendation for Ana Gloria.  I'm supposed to wait for Yadira's mom to come to a conference.  I have to do a third-person page and pack when I get home.  Move that tree and those rocks out.  Leave a not where to leave the key.  I almost want to buy some new CDs.  A new adult video. I typed fifteen minutes this morning.  I guess I'll head to Pasadena by about four.  Maybe I'll stop in Old Town for a beer or something.  What else?  I skipped lunch.  I slept on the futon here in my class.
12-4-99 Sa 8:40 PM
Room 6333 at the Luxor in Las Vegas.  Rochelle is in the bathroom getting ready for dinner.  We have nine thirty reservations at the steak house downstairs.  The rest of the guys will be meeting us.  We sat around the sports book at Mandalay Bay, drank, and bet on football games and horse races.  Nebraska and Alabama won us some money, as did a horse called Spineless Jellyfish.  Last night we went up about a hundred bucks playing blackjack.  We sat in the bar in Nerfetiti's Lounge and told each other how in love we are and how we should get married as soon as possible.  We had decided to run out to a Vegas chapel and get it done, but today we thought it better to get rings and tell out parents.  She's going to move in with me, though.  Hard to believe, isn't it?  My stepmother always said, "When you meet the right one, you'll know."  I never really believe that 'til now.  I feel like I feel about her the way my grandpa always felt about my grandma.  I wondered if Gramps wasn't pulling some cosmic strings up in heaven.  I want to have kids with her like today.  She does, too!  We're going to have to go to the Mandalay again and collect on our Bama ticket.  Rochelle wants to see the fountains at Bellagio.  I was thinking that I might go play some poker, but I don't think I can stand to be away from her for that long.  I wonder if the guys are going to have strippers go up their rooms.  I kind of doubt it.  Maybe Rochelle and I can do some dancing somewhere later tonight.  I could go for some kind of stimulant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home