Sunday, April 08, 2018

6-4-99 F 11:13 AM
The kids were watching "Small Soldiers," but I turned it off because they wouldn't watch quietly.  I'd be in trouble if Boss Steindinner were to pop in.  Ramal, who is black, just said to Hyna, who is equally black, "Shut up, blackie."  Has he never seen a mirror?  I wasn't sure how to handle that one, but counseled Ramal to speak politely.  Whatever.  I had orange chicken for lunch.  I don't know why.  I should have just stayed in, done this, and read some more Idiot.  Craig Warrior asked why I was reading it.  I don't know why I read anything, I told him.  I was probably attracted to the title, I said.  It might be a journey of self-discovery.  Coleco is reading her book, Twenty Thousand Baseball Cards Under the Sea.  I have to go to an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meeting for Awbrey Shondell.  Monday, we have to score the STEPS tests.  I've got to fix Jim's thoughts running away from the broken window.  I'm going to smoke pot when I get home today.  What else?  Benigno, one of my night school students, said he wants to write a book about me.  Yeah, right.  He's clearly gay and may have a crush.  He's a trip on a lot of levels.  He said he doesn't like to work.  I laughed.  He said he was going to have to walk a long way to get home.  I gave his fool-ass a ride home.  He said white people were very smart and Americans the smartest of all.  I thought maybe we were the most willing to sell our souls, but I don't really know what it's like to live anywhere else.  He's lived in Mexico and now here.
Javier, is usually a pain in the ass, but he's been good lately.  "How come you've been so good lately?" I asked
"My mom said I could get a dog if I don't get in trouble at school."  He has been good three days in a row.  I bet his mom wasn't counting on that.
I had trouble with the crossword today.  The sub hasn't come to relieve me to go to the IEP meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home