Monday, March 12, 2018

5-30-99 Su 12:16 PM
I'm in the bar at Noonan's.  I've just come from hitting a bucket of balls at Rancho.  Robbie Gordon was leading the Indianapolis 500 with a lap and a half to go when he ran out of gas.  That guy used to work at CO Thompson when I was there.  Some guy named Breck won.  When asked on live TV what he thought when he ran out of gas, Gordon said, "Aww, shit."  The commentator said, "Hard to control emotions and words when you're that close to winning the premiere racing event in the world and fall short."  I'm on my second bloody mary.  I've got to get home and wash Shirelle's car.  I finished Luke this morning.  For the first time I felt emotionally affected by the story of Jesus' betrayal and the cruelty of the high priests who insisted on his crucifixion.         Graf defeated Kournikova at the French Open. Venus Williams and Jennifer Capriati lost.  Que mas?  Shall I go out for a smoke?  Shall I lift some weights when I get home?  The Braves and Dodgers are tied in the ninth. The bartender has a basso voice.  He's slicing lemons.  Two women sent back their bloody marys.  Said they wouldn't pay for them.  I said, "Mine sucks, too.  I don't want to pay for it."  
What should I paint on those two pages I skipped?  Now I'm having a Sam Adams. [black ink sketch of Samuel Adams lifting a tankard of Boston lager]  "Especially in this neighborhood Easter's a hot one."  I'm supposed to be--  "Instead of celery, put some bacon in that Mary."  What else?  I've been debating the worth of Nicks coach Jeff Van Gundy with a NY native.  Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home