Tuesday, February 13, 2018

5-24-99 M 10:50 AM
The kids are doing practice STEPS tests right now.  They have to edit and rewrite reports on mammals.  Chris Gomez, who is intelligence-challenged, wants to know how to spell Shaquille O'Neal.  Whatever this has to do with a report on mammals, I eagerly await.  They're not supposed to talk, but Lamarr pointed out that Shaq wouldn't be considered a mammal because "he don't have no hair."
I read an essay last night called "Lots."  It was sort of a socio-economic history of Philadelphia in the fifties and early sixties seen through the eyes of a parking lot attendant.  The lots were presented as a microcosm of American economic reality: basically everything is designed to get the most money out of consumers.
What else?  I have to make copies still of the STEPS administration manual, and I have to put pencils in the testing packets.  I'll do that at lunch.  I made it through the paper pretty fast today.  I guess I'll start reading The Idiot today during silent reading.   Then we'll watch the insects video and talk about insects.
I started my third-person page this morning.  About seasons and details.  Whatever.  I'll finish when I get home.  Then I have to write about Aaron's and Jim's giddiness as they run away from breaking the window.  Would K-mart be open at nine?  Maybe I'll make it eight.  Yeah.  What else?  I have to go to the LACAS office.  Ask about MOCA.  I have to pick up my film.  I know the pictures are all lame.  It was hot for a while this morning, but now it's cool and breezy.  Got to go to LACAS today.  I haven't been to class since I bowed out last Wednesday after Mardi's little OD stunt.  [a photograph of a little carnival on Pico and San Vicente]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home