Tuesday, February 24, 2015

10-15-98 Th 12:40 PM
Stuffed full of sweet and sour chicken.  Today was picture day.  It took me an hour to get out of bed this morning, and I didn't have time to shave.  I ate a bowl of rice this morning.  Just like The Sportswriter, Independence Day has begun as a narration of superb psycho-social perception.  Unlike The Sportswriter, though, will it sustain that level for four hundred pages?  I hope so.  There's so much I want to read.  I feel dead-brained again today.  It's going to be a struggle to write three pages.  One success on the day:  I managed to attach enough menace to my silent reading directive that all twenty-seven children have been mute for twenty minutes now.  Haven't read the newspaper today.  Didn't read it yesterday either.  Doesn't really seem necessary now that I can never play "Jeopardy" for money again.  I HAVE to do a third-person page when I get home today.  Maybe I should take Butt out for a bite or a drink tonight.  I have to change my bulletin boards soon.  What else?  What else?  Anne Senorvilla's a writer.  Fucking Oprah Winfrey.  I'm such an idiot.  What else?  Ugh.  I'm not even halfway through this.  Frank Bascombe is a real estate agent now.  He assigns, rightly, life-shaping importance to buying a home.  It's prescient of the effort I will have to make in a year.  I've got to refer that imbecile Pablo to RSP.  I read the kids some scary stories.  One about the ghost of a murdered girl.  It worked pretty well.  Now I put on that horrible Columbus movie.  What else?  Walk home.  Write.  Lie on the couch.  Walk to work.  Come home from work.  Go out for a drink.  Go home.  Sleep.  Get up next morning.  Go to work again.  I have to call Amtrak when I get home.  I should clean my room and clear off my desk, too.  I hope my Advanta card comes today.  Tomorrow is payday.  I feel like drawing a picture, but of what?  Maybe I should rent a movie tonight.  What else?  What else?  There ain't no [pencil sketch of the cover of Shel Silverstein's A Light in the Attic with the top of a house growing out of a guy's head] light on in this attic.  Is that a ghost in the window?  What else?  Why didn't I say Oprah?  What else?  Fifteen minutes until I can quit this.  Why didn't I say Oprah?  I don't have anything to say. At least I can quit this now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home