Sunday, January 25, 2015

10-6-94 Tu 8:53 AM
Roscoe's.  Skipped school today.  Didn't write yesterday.  All in the name of Jeopardy.  God, I hope I win.  Do I have any right asking for God's help on this?  I have to finish studying Egypt today.  Then Shakespeare characters.  Then capitals.  My food came, and I ate it in about five minutes.  I've got to go home and take my vitamin.  I have to do my laundry and trim my sideburns.  I might have to walk to a barber--I don't know yet.  Should I go to the staff meeting at school?  We'll wait and see on that.  I was playing NTN when some lady emailed me with a bunch of crap about fantasy being better than reality.  Whatever.  Shirelle called this morning, said she had a sex dream with me.  I don't remember any dreams.  I woke up with the alarm at six.  I read the paper.  Did most of the crossword.  Didn't feel like doing the jumble.  A woman in the booth next to me talks like she's a big actress, dropping names, but I think she's just hustling the dude sitting with her.  Tonight's the last night to watch Jeopardy before going on the show.  [a pencil sketch of Andrew Jackson from the portrait on the twenty-dollar bill]  What else?  I'm nearly done with The Sportswriter.  I have about twenty more pages to go.  I'm not liking it that much, but I'll force myself to finish it and read Independence Day, the sequel, next, since Ford won the Pulitzer for that.  Eugene O'neill won four Pulitzer's for "Anna Christie," "Strange Interlude," "Beyond the Horizon," and "Long Day's Journey into Night."   He also wrote "The Iceman Cometh" and "Morning Becomes Electra" and "Desire Under the Elms."  Tom Stoppard wrote "Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead."  Thornton Wilder wrote "Our Town" and "The Skin of Our Teeth."  Tophet was a Hebrew word for Hell.  Beckett wrote "Waiting for Godot," of course.  Bullfinch designed the capitol building.  Mills did the Washington Monument.  Jenny is credited with the first skyscraper, in Chicago.  Latrobe is considered the first American architect.  Bernini did important 1500's Italian shit.  Michelangelo's first name is Buonarotti.   Saarinen was Finnish.  Pei did the Louvre pyramid.  Far From the Madding Crowd is Hardy.  Thomas Wolfe wrote Look Homeward Angel.  Toni Morrison has a pseudonym.  Charlotte did Jane;  Emily did Heights.  Tom Wolfe has a pseudonym, too.  What else?  Start walking back now.  Start walking back now.  Shower and study.  I'll read some more Ford on the way. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home