Monday, January 05, 2015

Th 10-1-98 8:20 PM
Class just ended.  I'm waiting for commercial actress and moonlighting ESL adult ed sub, Adrienne, to finish with her class so I can catch a ride home with her. I saw her in a Honda ad on the History Channel the other night.  I had the tv on with no volume in the back of the class so I could keep tabs on the ballgame.  The Cubs lost a fucking heartbreaker to the fucking Braves.  Shirelle's supposed to be coming over with a couple steaks tonight.  I'll watch my "Jeopardy!" tape and study a couple hours.  I typed for fifteen minutes and played NTN for about an hour. At school I spent the day grading papers and teaching, so I didn't get to study at all or read the paper.  I finished a chapter of The Sportswriter while I walked Pico here.  I read about Madrid, where Phillip II founded the royal palace in the 1500's.  Tomorrow a bunch of my colleagues are going to Acapulco on Sunset for happy hour. Every day for a week someone has reminded me of it.
F 10-2-98 12:57 PM
What?  Let's see.  I ate a few baked corn chips for lunch. I'm not hungry, miracle.  Like what the  Cubs need. I don't know about going out after work today.  I should stay home, watch ballgames, study, write.  I don't have a ride anyway.  While I was walking to work yesterday with my nose buried in my a book, I passed a down-and-outer who said to me, "Hey Reverend, can you spare some change for a cup of coffee?"
It's silent reading, but nobody's reading.  My threats fall on deaf third-grade ears.  What else?  I got coffee jitters.  I can barely write.  We'll go play some basketball in a few minutes. We still have the social studies to correct, though.  God, I hope I win on Jeopardy. Here's the jinx:  I think I should.  I think I deserve it.  AAUGK!  HELP!    ok ok chill.  Just chill.  It will all be over in a few more days. Daryl Strawberry has a malignant tumor in his colon.  [black ink drawing of Shirelle]  Shirelle had a dream that her mom died.  She was freaking in her sleep.  I woke her, and she cried for about an hour.  It took me a couple of hours to get back to sleep.  I should have called her at lunch.  1:17 pm   Had a nice sweaty little game of basketball.  It's just about time to call it a week. If I go to happy hour, Shirelle will be pissed. What else?  I'm hungry now.  The Sox and Injuns are on right now. I have an apple I can eat.  Hyna and Coleco have stayed behind because they want to write on the chalkboard. [black ink drawing of Wily Coyote]  What else?  Should I go for a margarita?  Probably not. I'll see what happens at sign out.  I tried to bum a ride off Boston Laura Mulroney, but just like a Bostonian, she was cold about it. What else?  My new United States Senate backpack is falling apart already.  I lug too many books around.  I took a crap at congress.  Ha ha

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home