Monday, June 03, 2013

W 11-12 11:45 AM
I'm at the Lebanese flame chicken place on La Brea near Wilshire.  Tad walked up here with me. I've been busy in my class arranging conferences.  6:20 PM  I'm at night school.  I have a cough.  I've been too busy and tired to get any reading or writing done.  Yesterday I drove to Pasadena via Alvarado and the Glendale Freeway through a gorgeous day of variable, post-storm clouds.  I felt like a tourist.  Rawler and An's baby has the biggest head of hair I have ever seen on a newborn.  I held him a little while, but he started fussing and his mom took him into the bedroom.  I said, "I used to be really good with babies, but now we just make each other nervous."
From Pasadena, I drove in traffic down to Glorious in Costa Mesa.  I felt a little weird, but overall, it was very nice.  We went to Sam Woo's in one of those billion-dollar Orange County mall developments with movies, restaurants, bookstores, etc.  Dinner was good.  I had these honey-battered shrimp with walnuts.  She kept the conversation going.  I told her about the Tracy argument (She says white people are racist but doesn't recognize the racism in her own statement).  Then we drove down the 5 to the Irvine Spectrum and saw this movie "Gattaca" with Uma Thurman, Ethan Hawke, and Gore Vidal.  It was a mostly preposterous, but stylish and involving sci-fi mystery along the lines of Brave New World.  After the move, on the way home, Glorious said if I was tired I could spend the night. ! ?

TBC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home