Saturday, May 25, 2013

Jeopardy Contestants 10202 W Wash Culver City 90232
Nov. 9 1:15 AM
Should I call Shirelle?  Should I page Shirelle at her party?  Should I bother anymore?  We're supposed to have dinner at Steve's and An's.  I watched Evander Holyfield drop Michael Moorer five times before an eighth round TKO.  I watched next door at the old Jap Hawaiian's, Mel, who I talk sports with sometimes when he is out watering in front, like he always is.  He invited me.  His cousin, Larry, was there.  Larry has some hard-to-describe deformity of the forearm that I didn't have the nuts to ask about.  Fumi, Mel's mom was there, caring for her invalid husband.  Only his eyes seem alive.  Fumi and Mel kept offering refreshments.  I had a Sprite and a jelly roll, but I managed to turn down the Chips Ahoy cookies.  I would initially turn down whatever they would offer me, and then accept it the third time they asked because I was afraid I was being rude. 
I went to pick up Mac's trippy friend, Jerald Peroni, over on Serrano near Ninth and Western.  We drove to Reseda smoking a j where Mac's friend Marco had a black box that would allow us to watch the Pay-Per-View Michigan/Penn State game free.  The Wolverines jumped out to a big early lead over the Nittany Lions.  A girl, purported to be a twenty-one-year-old mother of two, fake-titted, bachelor-party stripper sat in my brother's lap.  I was my uncomfortable geek self.  I felt zero cameraderie with anyone there.  I drove Mac and the girl and Jerry out to some broiler place.  They all ordered food and I got a bourbon.  Then when their food came, I ordered coconut shrimp.  It was pretty good.  I drank three beers.  A good Missouri/Nebraska game played on the tv over the bar.  After that, I dropped off Mike and drove Jerry back to LA.  At his request, we went over Laurel Canyon so we could smoke a doobie.  We parked under a billboard while I rolled it.  I looked up warily for pigeons; we had the top down.  I tried to push a little chunk under the armrest, but Jerry spotted it.  We stopped at Shirelle's.  She was getting her hair all fixed up.  She was going to Demona's as usual.  I asked her if she wanted to hang out.  She didn't.  Weird.  This irked me, this turning of the tables. 
I finished The Naked and the Dead and the Hillary Mills Mailer bio.  I have to add ten pages to Jim in two weeks.  I have to make stuff up for it, because my life is not interesting enough to supply any events or details.  I'm too much a coward.  You can't really live and write at the same time.  Do I make the call?  Do I get my five Bible pages out of the way?  Start some real-life story?  Work at Jim?  Finish page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home