Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It's not a cult, is it?

11-10 M 9:07 AM
"They was gettin' all freaky-deeky up in there on those slow songs."  Ashley said her mom was dancing at a party.  She said her mom was drunk, and her mom went into a room with the man she was dancing with, and Ashley went in and looked and got out real fast, and she said she couldn't tell us what she saw.
It's raining.  I wonder if Shirelle's coming at lunch.  I shouldn't wonder.  I sure would like to take off from Adult School tonight and go out and get ripped.        We got our school pictures today.     Go out and get ripped at lunch.  Mebbe get ripped after school.    Fuck some new women.  Fuck the world.      Bail.    What else?   I should skip school tonight.    I got gel in my hair today.  Somebody said something about it when they saw me.  Alcides went to Tijuana.  Sindy's dad ate a Big Mac Sunday.  11:00 AM  Ug  Doomed.  We're all doomed.  I'm about to fall asleep.  I feel like a very ordinary person.  This depresses me.  I have to get together my lesson plan for the week.  I have to get my report cards ready in the next week or so.  I'm hungry.  Hungry and tired.  The kids are working nicely.  I wish I had some coffee.  I wish I could quit this sorry life.  John Bayless was going to Colorado to join a ministry.  I said half joking, "It's not a cult, is it?"  He said, "No.  It's not a cult," not at all joking, fully serious.  When I introduced him to Glorious, she asked why he was going to Colorado.  I said, "Because he's a spiritual traveler."  I think John thought I was making fun of him.  On the way to the airport I told him I admired his courage, to be able to throw off the expectations of conventional America and follow his heart.  I'm restricted by my Germanic-American upbringing. 
Marlin says it took him half an hour to climb one of those trees in Belize.  It took him another half hour to climb down.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home