Monday, May 13, 2013

11-3 M noon
Shirelle and I had a spat this morning because I didn't know what to say when she asked me why I love her.  I already typed about it this morning.  Anyhow, she called to apologize and the brought me lunch in my classroom.  She brought salad, sushi, egg-fried rice with some shrimp, an apple, a cup of red raspberry yogurt, a box of Barnum's Animal Crackers, and a bottle of Aquafina water.  I saved the yogurt and apple for later.  Marlon had already given me an apple.  I kissed Shirelle a quick peck at the car  and went to pick up my kids at the lunch line.  They tried to fuss over the kiss, which I believe was Shirelle's entire intent, but I wouldn't let them. 
Now they're working on a problem I gave them.  They have to make a book.  The book has to have twleve pages they can write on.  They can only write on the right-hand pages.  They must make their book out of once-folded paper.  They have to say how many sheets of paper they will need.  [Nabisco log in the corner].  They work with a partner to come up and present a solution.  They had a hard time coming up with the answer of six.  Now they have say how many pages the whole class will need.     It's hot again.
2:30
The bell just rang.  The kids are gone except Marlon, Damnesia and Alannah, who I made stay after school.  The yellow buses rumble away.  I stacked my red apple on top of my green apple on top of my yogurt on top of my desk.  Shirelle brought me a newspaper, too.
It has cooled off some now.  I took down the October calendar and all the little paper Jack-o'-lanterns we used to mark the days.  We'll have to make some turkeys or pilgrims or something for November.  I worked on Jim for an hour last night.  I put several new lines in the first paragraph.  I have no idea if they work or not.  I'll have to check my e-mail when I get home.  Looks like my fishing trip is doomed.  Maybe if I call Newport Landing.  They might have some strays looking to go out on a charter.  What else.  Read Mailer shit when I got home.  The platoon has been divided to get wounded Wilson back to the safety of the beach.  I've got do to my one page.  My journal from 37th Street, senior year, 89-90.  Work on Jim from nine to ten tonight.  Maybe I'll give Shirelle some money to fix up my apartment.  A couple more days and I should be through with this journal.  I lay on the couch and read it yesterday.  It wasn't so bad.  What else?  I drove to work today.  Now I'm gonna drive home.  We didn't have any PE either.  Looks like another fat day.  There's nothing but water to drink at my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home