Monday, September 23, 2024

 

4-10-01 Tu 7:12 PM

I’m at Yankee Doodle’s on Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica with Elmer Hernandez. I typed fifteen minutes this morning and read the newspaper. PG&E has filed for bankruptcy. The Chinese have still not released the spy pilots. I made reservations to stay at the Waterfront Plaza Hotel in Oakland and got three tickets to see the A’s game. I sent my taxes. I’m supposed to get two thousand eight hundred and seventy-five dollars in refunds. I did all that on the internet, eh. Then I ordered an old-school Kings shirt and an old-school Penguins shirt. I searched for Kenny Barf on Google and he came up as vice president of the Olympic Rugby Club, so I wrote him an email. Elmer called, and I read Lamour as I walked to his place. Lamour busted the axle on his car and is having to walk thirty-five miles through the Mojave. I cleaned a few sentences on Jim last night. We had some fattening appetizers; I feel bloated like a drowned corpse. We shot some pool. I won four games to two. We’re going to stop by Barnes and Noble. I’m going to look for Amis, Abbey, Adams, and The Power and the Money, and a book on pool. I’ve got to do a well-thought-out third-person page. I’ve got to get some exercise. Got to fix the tire on my bike. The Kings are on at four against the Redwings tomorrow. I’ve got to get a ring. I like to watch women shoot pool. The Lakers are playing some acrobatic basketball. What am I going to do about the fallen bookshelf? I never read the Bible or the Koran on Sunday. I’ve got to do a turbo read on Wandering Man so I can read John Barleycorn before we get up to Jack London Square.



The Rogue River maybe, from the window of a train, 1997.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home