Wednesday, August 21, 2024

3-22-01 Th 12:30 PM

 "Men have in their minds a picture of how the world will be. How they will be in that world. The world may be many different ways for them but there is one world that will never be and that is the world they dream of."

    --Eduardo, the pimp from Cities of the Plain by C. McCarthy

3-22-01 Th 12:30 PM

My grandfather's watch is broken. The from over the little window where the date appears came loose and the hands are stuck on it. I typed fifteen minutes at my desk this morning. Drove to school. Got the paper. Yesterday, I sent in a card to subscribe to the paper. It's 44% off the cover price, and now that it costs fifty cents, I decided to do it, even though I like going out to get my paper. I tried to get the "Jeopardy Crew Clue" application file folder to pen on Ms. Federlin's computer next door before school this morning, but it didn't work. So, I tried to install MS Word on the computer in here, but that didn't work. So, I installed MS Works, but that wouldn't open it. Then the bell rang. The kids shared their vocabulary illustrations. Then we went over our phonics lesson. By the time that was over, it was time for music. Ti-tis and ta-tas. I read a few pages of Cities. Dogs are taking down calves. At recess, possessed, I made a desperate run to Carl's Jr and stuffed some more death into my heart. We worked on the math word problems. At lunch, I was able to at least print a copy of the application, but I still don't know how to install it. Maybe I can work on it online when I get a phone line and print it on Kuntz's computer. It's a regular waterhead fuckaround. We've got to finish our unit on the settlers. I've got to go to LA High and get books and then to Hoover to drop off keys. Maybe I can figure something out on the net there. Got to do some more taping tonight. Sunset maybe. Thing said he'd help. Maybe I'll take the day off tomorrw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home