Monday, August 26, 2024

 

3-27-01 Tu 5:48 PM

Oh _______. What? Whatever. What’s up? What’s going on? Where am I? I haven’t written in a while. I’ve been working on this Jeopardy thing. I’m at some totally lame class led by this scatter-brained little hottie. It’s supposed to be about “scaffolding,” which is some technique that’s supposed to help students write. We’ve been here two hours now, and it’ pretty obvious that the little hottie doesn’t have a clear idea of what she’s talking about. I feel like a stroke victim whose mind works but who can’t speak, since there’s nothing to do but listen politely and not act like a superior dick. Whatever. I didn’t go to work today. I’m almost done with the tape. I just about scrapped everything we had done so far. Just cut all that staged shit and go with some enthusiastic improv. Fuck. Could I go for a drink. Urg. Bernie said she’d call from the Bonaventure around two. At four, she still hadn’t called. Rochelle aced her math test. I printed the application. Haven’t worked on Jim for over a week. I emailed Dad and Jane. Told them all about laptop woes. Fucking thing. The box for it was on the porch when we got back from Griffith Park. I’ve got the newspaper here. I’m trying not to read it. The new me doesn’t want to appear rude and arrogant at these things. I hope people think I’m taking notes related to the class. I’ve got to call Grandma and Christie. I guess I’ll go back to work tomorrow. I should be able to finish the tape tonight. I’ve got to figure out how to mail it in. What the heck else? I have a class all day Saturday at LA Hight. I guess I’ll read the paper after this. I don’t know where I am on my writing. I think I need to add a line to poor pathetic Ji. Taxes. Death. Death and Taxes.  I need some exercise. I played baseball on Sunday. Struck out twice and flew out to left. Played a flawless left field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home