Wednesday, August 28, 2024

 3-28-01 W 4:37 PM

I skipped school again today. Slept in 'til about 8:00. Played with the baby. I wondered when the card I delivered to have the Times delivered would start having the Times delivered. I bet it would be today and opened the door and there it was. The baby took great interest in it. She really ate up the business section. My she's a budding financial wheeler-dealer. I typed fifteen minutes at my desk. I viewed the Jeopardy tape. It needs work, but I'd be surprised (and bummed) if it doesn't get me to the interview process. You know there are some college whiz-kids and five-time champs out there who will make outstanding tapes. Ugh.  I've mishandled my time. I should have gotten Dawson and Powers to help me. Oh, well. I dropped the dictionaries off at Hoover. Then I spent about an hour driving around LA and Hollywood looking for a bar I've never been to. I guess there aren't any. But I was driving down Robertson, and I spotted Ivy, the famed lunch place of Tinseltown's power brokers. I'd always wondered where it was. It was in the movie "Get Shorty" and "Bowfinger," I'm pretty sure. Anyway, here I am. They got a mint julep Pimm's on the menu for the cost of a beer and hot dog at Staples Center, i.e. $10.75! for a damn drink. Well, if that's what it costs to drink where I've never drunk in this town, I guess it's worth it. I'm already imagining my star on the Walk of Fame. Yeah, right. This town is no place for writers. Everyone knows that. Faulkner, Fitzgerald, and Chandler knew that. It's old news. I wish I had some smoke to roll. ~~~~ Rochelle's roasting a big ol' slab of dead steer for dinner. I've only got another forty minutes or so 'til my meter runs out. I'll read some Cities of the Plain before I leave. Got to go to the bathroom to see where the Katzenbugs and Geffens of the world piss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home