Thursday, July 20, 2017

ugh

4-22-99 12:24 PM Thu
Today is Earth Day.  I don't know what to write here.  I told Shirelle I was ending our claim over each other.  Said I didn't trust her to be my wife.  Etc., Etc., Et cetera.  Whatever.  I brought "Lust for Life" to school.  We watched the beginning.  I'll probably have to watch the rest after school.
When will the other shoe fall?                        I haven't been inviting people to this so-called BBQ.  I told her maybe we ought to just be roommates.  She cried and begged.  I said I wasn't saying I didn't want to see her anymore.  I typed for fifteen minutes this morning about a girl I met at Molly's last night.  Urg.  I wrote a half-ass third-person page yesterday.  I haven't worked on Jim for a week or so.  I read the newspaper while the kids did the math section of the Stanford Nine test.  I hung out in the lounge at lunch.  So, what?  I told the psychologist how Pedro got a standing ovation for answering a question last week.  Everyone was talking about the Colorado high school massacre. Everyone's talking about a "Jocks vs. Nerds" conflict.  "That's a lot of embarrassing nonsense," I said.  Jack Coonan said, "Well, you must have been one of the jocks."  He sounded like he was reliving some old indignity from his school days.  I said, "Well, yeah, kind of, but I was benchwarmer, and I never pushed anyone around, and I didn't perpetuate or even notice stereotypes, but I think that's what you all are doing by turning this tragedy into some popular vs. outcasts over-simplification."  Chris said he hated high school.  Elmer said he never went to high school.  I said, "Yeah, you did; but you don't remember because you were high the whole time."  Everyone laughed.  We have to go to music pretty soon.  I went to Burger King this morning.  Ugh.  I've got to do a third-person page when I get home.  Those movies I rented are a day late now.  ugh.  I'll have to drop them off after school today.  I'll take a nap, too.  Maybe I'll go out again tonight to invite some girls to our BBQ/party.  I've still got some Anais Nin to read.  I told Getoff how I envied the way Henry Miller made each night of his life an adventure.  I played darts with some geeks last night.  Daniel just gave me "The Nose Book" to read.  We've got to go to music now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home