Saturday, June 03, 2017

4-17-99 2:36 PM Sa
I'm at Ramona Elementary for a teacher development workshop so I can get some salary points.  It's mind-numbing.  The first workshop was about how to write a sentence.  Maybe I should have had a more positive outlook.  It was about taking a "bare-bone" subject-verb sentence and expanding it with modifiers so it tells who, what, where, when, why and all that.  Duh.  It was geared toward special-needs students, and the instructor had us all pretend like we were all retarded, eight-year-old, refugees from another alphabet.  The next workshop--shit--I don't know what it was, but this time we were more advanced: we were treated like kindergartners and given lots of stuff to cut and paste.  Luckily, the instructor didn't mind me reading the sports page instead of cutting and pasting.  She kept saying everything was "cool."  "Cool" sounded funny coming from her because she was about fifty or so, though, I suppose that word should make perfect sense coming from her.  Then it was lunch.  I saw Anna and Cynthia.  They invited me to lunch with them.  Cynthia pulled out Shirelle's ring for the first item of conversation.  I gave them the old "Yeah-I-Don't-Know" routine.  We went to Bird's on Franklin, sat on the sidewalk, an umbrella kind of shading us from the record-breaking heat.  After Birds, I had a puzzles and games problem-solving class.  It was engaging enough.  A little hottie in there was tickling my balls.  We played a few games together.  We walked out together.  She asked where I work.  I told her.  She said she didn't know it.  I had seen her at a workshop at my school last month and told her so.  She said she wasn't there.  She said my next line before I could.  "Must have been some other beautiful girl," she acted like she was joking, but it was no joke.  She sure was.  "Must have been," I said.  Funny, her complimenting herself like that.  She's wearing tight pants and a light sleeveless shirt.  What does she want?  Anyways, I realized I'd left a folder behind that I needed, and Shirelle has that ring, so we parted ways.  Now I'm at some boring music class.  I wish I was with Esther.  Too bad about that name; wasn't Esther the Old Testament queen who refused the King's order to dance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home