Monday, May 01, 2017

8:06 AM Tu 4-13-99
I'm at school.  I added a few lines, a new development of Jim's history, to my novel.  I hate that word, "novel."  Thank goodness.  My prayers were answered with those lines. I hope I can do some more tonight.  I'm a little behind on my schedule now, though.  Because I was working on Jim, I didn't get to do my fifteen minutes this morning, and I forgot to check out my third person topic. This morning, I ate some fruit that one of my night school students gave me last night.  I watched the beginning of "...And God Created Woman" last night.  It's due back today.  We have a staff meeting after school today.  Plus I have to get a haircut.  I'm going to be on a tight schedule all afternoon.  I probably won't get to read the paper for the second day in a row.  I have about thirty pages of Player Piano left.  I have to mail out my tax filings. Phylisha and I adjusted my withholdings yesterday.  The "Jeopardy" lady called and said I should get my trip info and money in the next two weeks.  There's going to be a big earthquake drill at school today.  I'm on the Search and Rescue crew. We check all the classrooms for victims after the quake.  What else?  It's overcast [pencil sketch of Gustav Caillebotte's Paris, Rainy Day] today, but at least it's not raining.  So far.  What else?  11:11 AM
The earthquake drill is over.  The kids are doing an activity to practice estimating time.  Shawn brought me a newspaper.  This pencil needs to be sharpened.  I had a turkey and cheese croissant at recess.  We talked about the NFL draft while we searched and rescued, and Rodney joked with me about which one of us was the "HNIC." It's already almost lunch time.  I think I'll just stay in and read Player Piano.  I thought I might return "Six Days, Seven Nights" to Blockbuster, but I may as well do it when I return the Bardot movie tonight.  Our house is going to be termite-tented Thursday.  I've got to figure out where to sleep Thursday and Friday.  I have a ticket to the Cardinals at Dodgers for Friday night.  I have to call my mom when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home