Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Mon 10-19-98 10:58 AM
I didn't get a chance to type this morning.  I've got to rededicate myself to writing this weekend.  I vow to add a page to Jim.  I have about four more months of night school left to teach.  Then my credential should expire.  Then what?  Master's?  Administrative credential?  Adult Ed credential?   Full-time writing?  After school today, I have to go to LA High and pick up my attendance sheet, and I'll have to get a sub for tomorrow since I have to be at Wilshire Hill for Back-to-School Night.  Maybe I'll get to see the end of tomorrow night's World Series game.  Should I go to Taco Bell for lunch today?  Do I have enough dough?  I have seven dollars and nineteen cents.  After I get home, I'll type fifteen minutes, then do a third-person page.  I bet that third-person page will be hard because I haven't done one in so long.  I'll just have to lower my standards, if that's possible.  I've got to do the stereo and the roller blades.  "Beloved" was uneven.  Oprah hamming it up.  The story doesn't work well as a movie.  It bummed me out that it takes away from the power of the book.  12:15 PM  Ate Taco Bell, like a geek.  Took Shirelle to Nuena's last night.  Dropped $200 this weekend.  Didn't shave this morning.  When's Daylight Savings begin or end or whatever?  I need to write to my grandparents.  I have to make these air reservations to Spokane.  I've got to call Mac.  I'm on the pot right now.  Not the kind you smoke.  I haven't done that in ages.  Could that be why I'm writing so little?   There's the bell.  Got to go do our silent reading.  We have to write Back-to-School Night invitations and do an anti-tobacco lesson.  What else?  I'm not going to read the newspaper.  I'm writing with a pencil off which some kid has broken off the eraser to sharpen both ends.  It's a two-headed pencil, a Siamese pencil.  I'll have to call Ricardo Flowers today.  I'm not breathing too good again.  I need a cup of coffee.  I'm not breathing so good again today.  I should go see the doctor soon.  How do I see a doctor who's closer than the one in Whittier?  Maybe I should wait until after February when I won't be teaching nights anymore.  What else?  What more?  What else?  Here's Brenda.  She wanted to know what "said" means.  My lips are chapped.  How can I be tired?  I went to bed early.  I dreamed of Laurie Sunnyfield last night.  I think because Shirelle wanted to know what they asked me on Jeopardy (She was searching for some reference to herself), and I said they asked me about Maine.  Laurie was the main reason I went out there.  In the dream, it was a competitive environment, like at a summer camp or something.  I desperately wanted to win a basketball game.  The girl on the train last week reminded me of her a little, too.  Whatever.  What else?  I was thinking of Harry Willis and the basketball brawl TV blackout.  I'll read a few pages of Independence Day next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home