Friday, June 24, 2011

5-9 Pegasus Beefeater Titties
Carlin and I are stopped at the Mobil on Beverly and La Brea while she fuels her vehicle. We're going to some club on Las Palmas to meet Raquel. "Live a little--Beefeater," says a sign in arched letters by a girl with nice big tits. A red Pegasus flies over us. "Move it, assholes," sings Carlin, pulling out on to Highland. "Move it. Move it. Move it." The Police are on the stereo. "Turn, assholes," she sings.
5-10
Lost my pen and couldn't go on. Not an auspicious beginning for Book Sixteen. Shirelle's in the bathroom getting the shower ready. We're going to eat breakfast at the Yukon Mining Co. and then look for clothes. Maybe I'll buy my basketball hoop today.
5-11 Su 5:14 PM
Well, you can see I'm not exactly kickin' ass on the three pages I'm supposed to be doing. I've really been lagging. All I've done today is lag. This weekend has been a total washout.
I've just been lazing around, sleeping and watching sports. Last night, Thing, Carlin, Shirelle, and I headed out to see Old Peculier in Covina. I thought it would be fun to go in the convertible. Carlin wouldn't ride with us because we were going to pick up Shirelle, and the night previous Carlin was in the room during a phone conversation in which Shirelle intimated that there was something going on between Carlin and me. Utter foolishness, of course, but Carlin mentioned she was on her period, and therefore even more powerless against idiocy than a woman usually is. So, Thing backed the LeBaron out of the driveway, and I got out to shut the gate. While I did that, Thing picked up a tape that my sister had left on the center consol and put it into the tape player where he had forgotten that tapes get stuck and render the stereo useless. Eventually, I got the tape out with a couple of screwdrivers, but whatever I did, the radio doesn't work anymore, and tunes were the essential soundtrack to my vision of the evening. We went up to Miceli's on Cahuenga, a loud, steamy Italian place. Shirelle's and my dinner and drinks cost me sixty bucks. I had two Kahluas and coffee. She had two Malibu rum something or others and two glasses of red wine. The dinner rolls looked like tits. On the way out, Victor Arceo from Sharp walked over to say hello. Ana was with him. I always wondered who he was boning. When we got out to Covina, Shirelle couldn't get in cuz she'd left her ID at home. That was the topper for me. We loitered on the sidewalk a while and then went home. Getoff just called me to come down for a smoke. I said okay even though my lungs have been all shitty lately. Aghk.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home