Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Deaf Girl Talk

2-22 Sat
Well, I was unable to last to the bitter end again, you see, falling short of my goal of three pages. There was aknock at the door as I sat writing. I walked to the window over the porch and stuck out my head. It was P. Lee. I told him the door was unlocked. He refused beer or wine. The conversation was a little awkward. We smoked and ate cheese and crackers. Jeff and Peach showed. I read them "Pomegranate Necklace", but they got antsy before it was finished. Said it lost them. Then I read the new Jim pages. Jeff immediately said he hated it. Peach said it reminded him of "Beavis and Butthead". P. Lee remained silent. Peach changed the strings on my guitar. I played a while. Getoff never came, so Peach left. Then Jeff left. P. Lee and I walked up to Girl Talk for a beer each. It is a Tijuana dive bar (on La Brea just north of Olympic), complete with a fat girl dancing in her underwear to Mexican polkas. A short little bowling ball of a woman lifted her apron to reveal a short, phallic-looking little club that must be used for conking agressive drunks, though it may have been a dildo. The other bartender, a woman who looked like a cross between a man and a poodle saw her laugh and said to me conspiratorially, "She's always happy."

The deaf girl banged on the door this morning. She might be about thirteen or so. She is my neighbor. I don't know her very well. She handed me a note that said she wanted a ride to her sister's. Her note was barely intelligble. I thought it was her sister that wanted a ride. The deaf girl mouthed words through a tin can on a string and showed me an address on the paper. She honked that she needed the ride at 9:30. That was when I was expecting Rawler. The address said Wilshire and Sixth, which are not far, but do not intersect. I shrugged and nodded my consent.  Rawler got here, then the Insanity Pepper. The girl was waiting on the porch when we came down. We dropped her off in the seedy neighborhood up around Vermont and Sixth on Grandview. The paper with the directions said a Latina name at the top I don't remember and at the bottom it said Emmanual

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home