Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Gases of Progress

Thurs. 2-15
Heating chicken carbonara. Man, I didn't write here again yesterday. I called in sick today. I have an interview at Los Angeles High to teach adult school. I don't know what the pay or hours will be. The GIP and I went to Molly Malone's and then to Dublin Whiskey Bar on Sunset. I drank mostly Jameson's. I think I had four Jameson's and an Amstel and two Miller Lites. I didn't feel too hot this morning. I couldn't get anything done. I e-mailed Julia on my newly upgraded America Online service. Shirelle came over. We boned. We went to sushi. Cost me sixty buck, arigato. On the way home we stopped at Staples so I could buy a new ink cartridge. I printed my resume. I wonder what I would be teaching? I've got to leave soon. Robert and Hulya and I ate lunch at Pescado Mojado. There was an ESL seminar at Noble Elementary across the street from the old Van Nuys drive-in on Roscoe near Sepulveda. It was pretty boring. I snuck out to read the newspaper. All blue sky today, except near the horizon where the gray gases of progress linger. What else? I didn't type yesterday, either. A letter from the DMV came saying my license has been suspended. I need to call those fucks. I've got to go. I can finish this when I get back. Or maybe I can do it while I wait to do the interview. Maybe I'll rent some movies tonight. UCLA plays #11 Arizona in basketball tonight. I'm going to walk up to LA High now.

The interview was ok. I was sweaty and shaky and dry from all the god dam alcohol I drank last night. I've got to gather together some paper work and go back next week. I'll be subbing adult school ESL classes. I'm listening to the "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack. I need to clean my desk. There's all kinds of shit I have to do. I'm hungry. Shall I smoke? I bought a pack of Camel Lights last night, but I lost them. Taxes, DMV BULLSHIT. I'm a loser baby. What else? The Thing hung up a little poster for "Holiday Affair"--'Mitchum's latest! It happens in December...BUT It's Hotter Than July!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home