Monday, March 29, 2010

Mon 2-17 Pres Day
Damn. I have not been very faithful. I didn't write here again yesterday. I did at least type before I went down to my mother's. We, she, John, Karen, and I went to see "Absolute Power" with Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Ed Harris, and Sam Sheppard. It was mostly implausible. When we got home we watched "Outbreak" with Rene Russo and Dustin Hoffman, about the spread of a gruesome ebola-like disease. I left a message on Kathleen's machine about changing the location of tomorrow's meeting to here. I said, then I won't have to worry about my eyes swelling and turning red from the cat like I had ebola.
Mac and I went boating on Irvine Lake. The plan was to go fishing, but we didn't catch any fish, so let's just say we went boating. It was cold. Mac didn't have enough money to get in so we pulled off the road and hid him in the back of my truck under some blankets and junk and smuggled him past the gate. The lake teemed with herons and hawks and eider ducks and grebes and even loons, but no trout.
John Bayless just called. I'm going to meet up with him around six to hang out. I've been deliberating over whether or not to buy weed today. I had half-heartedly decided not to, but now that I'm going out anyway...Maybe I'll leave early and sit at the Earth Cafe and read and write for a while. Maybe I'll meet a pretty smart girl, and we'll strike up a beautiful relationship. Scott Gillwood, my dealer back in Hacienda Heights, is dying of lung cancer, my brother said. He's down to about eighty-five pounds. I bought a pack of Marlboro reds at the bait shop this morning. I packed some Skoal behind my lip, too. I drank three Bud Ice beers. I'll do my little fifteen minute typing exercise after this. I should wash the dishes and put some clothes in the washer. I wish I could drink some wine. I've got to call Chronos. I've got to got got to satisfy. I could go for a beer. I've got to fax that stuff tomorrow for the guitar class. I've got to print those Alaska stories if I can find them. I'm so glad I'm done here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home