Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bizarre Celebration

April 4

I remember once my dad's blazing arctic eyes as he primed the lawnmower outside the window of my bedroom. I had been sentenced there for some infraction I no longer remember and I was saying in my furious little boy's voice that I hated him. I hate you! I was spitting it, hissing it. I hate you! Then I heard the noise out the open window and pulled the curtain aside and there were my father's eyes hard and hurt. In Cerritos so forgettably long ago, third grade or earlier. He was wearing that gray Mickey Mouse T-shirt and his American flag shorts.

-

She comes out. She says, "J, you gotta flush the toilet when you're done."

What else? Writing neatly. I don't have the muscular dexterity for that. The dog out back whines as if pained, and my teste begins to ache.

Nervous] I ought to let the kids assign me homework.

Scattered remembrances An A to a C

Go! God bless our souls. Laugh.

Dude who never looks at a person when he talks to them.

Easter approaches - rebirth -resurrection -

Tomorrow is Good Friday. It's morbid and bizarre to me this celebration of the crucifixion. I can see the nobility of Jesus's martyrdom, but it's strange nonetheless. You can see where some of Jesus' claims could be annoying to someone who hadn't witnessed any of his miracles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home