Monday, March 26, 2007

Training For the Marathon

March 26

Down goes another notebook. Seventy-two pages filled. Almost two months to the day since I started the first page. I'd like to put a positive spin on things, but my first thought is that I accomplished nothing in this book. Maybe with more time this journal could have been the jumping off point for better work. ---Aah, but let's not devalue this an an exercise. Certainly writing is more progressive than thinking alone. I wish I'd been able to sort out more dilemmas, though, then I might have the idea I'd done something rather than this empty feeling. Am I being unfair to myself? You can't run a marathon without first jogging a few miles for training. It doesn't have to be pretty. Still in the next book I hope to reflect some progress toward my goal. I should head into this next vacation with a full head of steam to write the Jim Crack story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home