Friday, March 23, 2007

The Best Trick the Devil Ever Played

Mon. March 25

Back on the old bummer of not having enough freedom in the old day-to-day of bills and work to liberate my stunted imagination. Can't think with the stars exiting their limos and streaming up the red carpet. What separates them? Is it luck or talent or ambition or what? I lack all in all three. Focus. Always multiple simultaneous preoccupations. Need to learn to separate so I can put energy into one thing at a time. It's not enough that I try to devote a block of time to Crack only. I need to zero in on the plot structure so as to better render each sentence. Once plot is worked out, shouldn't it only be a matter then of filling in the blanks with original sentence structure and word choice? Then dialog will fall into place, right?
Still I'd like to act, definitely need more action in my life, this stupid awards show reminds me of how I drool to be an exception, as if fame and money would make me feel like less of a loser. Would it?
Dean and Olivia are throwing a little party to watch this thing. Olivia's an art dealer and an artist. Her mtoher set her up in said capacity, from what I hear. She and Shirelle were classmates at Fairfax High. Dean's her beau. Makes jewelry and marionettes and masks. Just heard an interesting line: "The best trick the Devil ever played was convincing us he didn't exist." Still I think evil is an invention of Man.
My head just started hurting and belches of nitrogen blast my insides, the gas erupts past my aching jaws and teeth.
One time, Chuck Jones came to the Four Seasons and I parked his car. When he came out showed him my Wiley tatoo, and the boss wrote me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home