Friday, October 04, 2024

 4-18-01 W 4:09 PM




I saw this idyllic vision of a vineyard in the Diablo Mountains at sundown on a misty day.

Now, though, I’m at the Fox Sports Skybar at Staples Center downtown. The Kings take on the Redwings here tonight. I pretty much have to sit for the baby while Rochelle goes to her math class tonight, so I won’t be trying to buy a ticket off a scalper or even watch the game here at the bar. Right now, Wsh/Pit are on one tv and the Devils/Car on another and Toronto and Ottawa on a third. There are more Redwings fans than Kings fans in here. I’m about to announce that I can lick any man in the room. I ought to call that runt bitch Thing to come and babysit with me.~~~I typed fifteen minutes this morning. I rode my bike to school. Read the news. The Prince of Darkness blasted a game-winning HR into McCovey Cove for his 500th against the Dodgers. The Giants faithful must have had one collective orgasm. I bet the stairs at Pac Bell were slippery. ~~I ate the rest of a ham and cheddar on thick slabs of toasted sourdough with mayo and onions for lunch. Rochelle and the baby came. Rochelle informed me that she is going to seek counseling for her depression when I read aloud in the paper that a study shows that St. John’s Wort does nothing. Depression is contagious. I’m depressed from being dismayed that she’s depressed. Is it me? Or is that women are never satisfied? I take care of all our financial concerns, and I take her to dinner and on vacations and try be there as a person and friend. You can’t tell from reading these journals, but that is how most of my free time is spent. ~~Maybe she’s just grappling with motherhood. She’s definitely had to make a bigger adjustment than the big adjustment I’ve had to make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home