Monday, September 30, 2024

 4-16-01 M 9:16 PM

Mac called collect from federal prison in Maryland. He said he was asleep in the van in his underwear when they dragged him out into the rain at gunpoint and made him lay on the asphalt. He says he didn't know anything about the 87 pounds of cocaine under a floorboard. Says he would take a lie detector test if they would let him. He was sobbing and apologizing about acting like a jerk and that he loved us, and he was sorry about not coming to the hospital when Ada was born. I told him not to worry and to just stay strong and tough. He said he didn't have any water nor toothbrush. When he'd hung up, I broke down crying. I felt like, feel like, I always treated him like a bastard when we were young, and if he had ever gotten the love and acceptance he was looking for, he would never have gotten mixed up with bad guys he is mixed up with.

We drove down to Placentia to get the dog. I read in the in the newspaper about a guy who attacked actor Steve Buscemi with a knife during a bar fight in North Carolina; slashed his neck, wrist, and abdomen, and was charged with attempted murder. His bail was set at $50,000 of which one must pay ten percent, and he is a free man on attempted murder, made bail, and walks the streets. My brother hurst no one, is circumstantially involved in something he says he know nothing about, and his bail is two million. Ugh. It's fucking Big Brother. Some fucking hypocrite law careerist will use my brother to pad his stats and rank up at this law office for more pay. They'll make it look however they want. Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty?" That's a fucking bullshit myth in this country. ~~~I was bummed the rest of the day. I took the car to the Mobil station to get a carwash. The carwash broke down. I drove to the market and bought two hundred and twenty-something bucks' worth of groceries, after coupons. I read the newspaper when I got home. Called Grandma. She didn't seem to want to talk much. I tried to print the last of the tax forms. It didn't work. I transferred some Jim from the laptop to the desktop. The Kings beat the Redwings and shitty officiating in a thrilling 2-1 wing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home