Wednesday, October 16, 2024

 4-28-01 8:50 PM Sa

I typed fifteen minutes earlier today. Then I read some John Barleycorn. Played guitar a bit. That's it. That's all. There ain't nothing else to report. It'll be hours or more before I'm able to fill these two--only two--pages. The best I caan do is write what's on TV, which at the moment is the network broadcast premiere of "Meet Joe Black," a remake of an old film called "Death Takes a Holiday." Shirelle loved this movie, and now Rochelle is telling me it's a good movie, but I'm preoccupied with the writing slump that I'm in. ~~One time, I remember a party at Sue Grudzlanek's house house in Hacienda Heights when I was in high school. We drank wine coolers and played a drinking game with dice called Mexicali. I don't remember that I drank or not. Not much, if at all. I was indifferent to drinking in those days and unsure about the reasons to do so. How does London recall so clearly? Do you suppose he could be embellishing? And what about those parties at Esteban Gracias'? Those were not during high school. By then, I was full blown. The first time I got good and drunk was in the dorms freshman year, the week before Christmas with Cathy Howrad. 

The back of Shirelle Butt's head the night of Hurricane Dennis, Dancing and Pool/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home