Tuesday, February 02, 2021

 "Those who are cast out are All Those who, having no Passions of their own, because No Intellect, Have spent their lives in Curbing & Governing other people's..."

[ pencil sketch of a Brooke MacEldowney ballerina stretching before a mirror]

3-23-00 Th 12:28 PM

All I could must for Jim last night was a couple of lines.  This morning I decided my fifteen minutes of non-stop would be all as if it were Jim.  I got started and the phone rang.  It was Bernice calling from Chicago to share her joy with us about the pregnancy.  By the time we got off the phone, there wasn't enough time to do anything but eat a bagel, down a cup of cold coffee, pop a vitamin and go.  Rode bike to work.  Got paper.  An independent-minded democrat was elected president in Taiwan.  What's Red China going to do?  Lakers steam along.  UCLA plays Iowa State today in the Sweet Sixteen.  Kings are in Philadelphia.  Oscars are Monday.  We did a vocabulary lesson.  After recess, we did subtraction of three-digit numbers.  I did a shabby job of showing them how.  I'm logie today.  I had a glass of wine and a smoke last night.  I still feel whacked.  I finished another glass leftover from last night before work this morning.  Guess that's why.  We've got to read about the Oregon Trail today.  Plus Harry Potter.  Maybe play a little basketball.  I read a boring chapter about LA architecture in City of Quartz.  Davis wants to rip that it''s all imported, that nothing is distinctly homegrown.  He sort of casually states that anti-race-mixing cops halted the vibrant Central Avenue jazz scene.  I'll read the Fante excerpt next.  Do third person when I get home.  Maybe take a nap. We're talking about time in ESL.  Got to go out with Fenton tonight.  He wants some kind of going away party for his sick leave with TB.  Might golf with Ralph after work tomorrow.  Can't go to the salary point class Friday because the follow-up is on the same day as Rochelle's sister's wedding.  We have a game Sunday at nine.  [ink sketch of Blake's "Does thy God O Priest take such vengeance as this?]   Maybe we'll see "Being John Malkovich" or "Magnolia."  Three weeks more after this 'til spring break.  What'll I do?  What can I do?  The stork's a comin'.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home