Saturday, January 09, 2021

 3-16-00 Th Noon

I'm at Taco Hell.  I forgot to bring my pasta to school.  I guy just rode by on a motorized scooter board/  Cool.  Wish I had one.  

I'm back in class now.  Silent reading.  I added the word "it" to a sentence in Jim this morning. A real leap forward.  Quantum.  There was a power outage last night.  Rochelle woke me to let me know.  I got up and changed the fuses, but that didn't help.  I warily opened the front door, half expecting some kind of ambush.  The street was enveloped in mute darkness.  Everything was visible, though not a light shone anywhere.  The fog glowed a little.  Weird.  "The whole street's out," I told Rochelle and went back to bed.  The power was on again by the time I woke this morning, but the alarm hadn't gone off because the clock had reset.  It was already seven.  There was little hot water and less water pressure.  A most unsatisfactory shower.  I dressed and heated some coffee, had a bagel with spinach dip.  Typed the word, "it," strummed a little, and hit the road.  Rochelle was leaving to see a doctor and verify that we have, indeed, conceived.  Like the Dropout at Knott's, I rode my bike to school.  The power was out here, too, but a fire alarm was clanging chaotically.  The halls were dark.  It gave the morning an air of mystery.  A post-apocalyptic "Omega Man" feel.  The power was out at the store, too.  I got a paper, but they couldn't make any coffee.  Admin convened an assembly of us blackout survivors.  We were given instructions for martial law.  I led my tribe to our room.  I taught our phonics lesson by what soft light fell through the window.  About nine thirty, an hour later, the lights came on.  The kids were squirrely.  I had to have them put their heads down and meditate awhile.  A book review, On Mexican Time, made me want to move to Mexico.  I'm almost done with Blake [A pencil sketch of At length for hatching ripe he breaks the shell]  Just twenty more pages.  I read City of Quartz while I walked to class last night.  We have to go to music soon.  I have to type for fifteen minutes when I get home.  Read about "the Debunkers" in Quartz.  Yesterday, I read about Lummis and Otis and the myth they created.  Got to type a third person.  Read that Dorling Kindersley.  Go to Pio Pico.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home