Tuesday, February 09, 2021

 3-25-00 Sa 4:56 PM

 I never wrote at all yesterday, I don't think.  I wrote about the Paleozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic Eras in class before we went to the library. Josue stabbed sweet little Jocelyn Tesla Victorio Caballera in the meat along her shin.  He crawled under the table to do it. Sweet little Jocelyn calmly directed my attention to the puncture wound beside her tibia.  Josue said she was getting on his nerves.  I sent Josue to the office and Josie to the nurse.  The principal suspended him for Monday.  I read the paper at lunch.  UCLA lost.  I played computers and basketball with the kids.  Walked home.  Got a beer. Rochelle came home from visiting her sister. I was feeling a little despondent about something. I had another beer and shambled around confused.  Smoked a pinch.  Ate some leftovers.  Played a little guitar.  Getoff called.  I walked around the block to his place carrying a plastic patio table over my head with one arm and four plastic patio chairs in the other.  Getoff told me about his new computer.  Al and Esther and I shared with him some of the complexities of married life and impending fatherhood and some of the hormone-based emotions of pregnant women. We played guitars.  Getoff said I'm getting better.  I walked home about ten after two or three beers.  I decided to go down to Golden Bird to get some fried chicken.  I went into Planet Video and looked at adult video boxes and got a bit of penis rush, but I didn't get anything there, and it wore off as I drove to Blockbuster where I rented "Dr. Zhivago," and "The Mummy," and bought "Chinatown."  I ate my chicken on the floor by the bed.  We put on "The Mummy," but I fell asleep about ten minutes in.  We watched the rest of it this morning.  Mindless entertainment.  Mardi called. Rochelle and I went to Roscoe's.  "It's an LA institution," I said.  She liked it ok.  I read the paper after we got home.  The Lakers won.  The Kings tied.  I wrote a third-person page.  Washed the car.  Read about how Anglo interests came to control Southern California.  Downey, Baldwin, Temple, Van Nuys, and such moved in after Pico's, Sepulveda's, and Figueroa's cattle businesses went bust following a drought.  Says Mike Davis, the northern usurpers were rich with silver from the Comstock Lode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home