Thursday, April 30, 2020

2-3-00 Th 3:57 PM
I'm at home.  I spent a lot of time teaching today.  I finished the newspaper a few hours later than usual.  I didn't pick it up 'til recess.  I usually get to it before school, but I was on the phone with Samuel Barrillas' mom all morning.  I got a new Teacher's Assistant today.  His name is Luis Gonzalez.  We did phonics and subject/predicate exercises.  For math, we did more two-digit multiplication.  I had a Chalupa and a Meximelt at lunch.  There was a weird article in the paper about nano-circuitry--microscopic computers you can inject into the bloodstream.  Body heat would be all the energy they need.  There was also a picture of a newly-discovered nebula five thousand light years from here.  They call it the Eskimo Head Nebula because it resembles a face in a parka hood.  It's clearly God's eye, though.  We saw part of a movie on the history of jazz in Coone's music class.  I never knew Scott Joplin was black.  I always confuse him with Stephen Foster.  There was a lot about New Orleans in the video.  We read about Navajo sand paintings.  The kids were good today.  I think I did a better job of projecting that I mean business.  A book was on display in the office titled Mysteries of the Bible.  I ordered it.  I happened on a page directly related to Milton regarding Satan.  Satan, the book reads, is only mentioned in the Bible fourteen times. Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 are cited as passages related to the archangel's fall, and also the third of the stars fallen from Heaven in Revelations (which I read this past Sunday).  I finished Book II of Paradise Lost this morning.  It describes Satan's journey past his daughter, Sin, at the gates of Hell and across Chaos.  I'll need to get the rest of the books to read about the Serpent's temptation of Man.  The book I got and its editor are fucking lame.  I just ate a bunch of buffalo wings with bleu cheese.  Peachtree left a message. I'll read a chapter of McCain.  Do a third-person page, pay bills, pay tickets, go to night school, work on Jim, and watch "Payback."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home