Monday, August 27, 2018

7-10-99 5:34 PM Su
I'm in the Beverly Center Mall in the depths of a depraved consumer binge.  I've been in three retail music stores and bought the tapes of some fad radio bands.  I wrote for fifteen minutes this morning and read the newspaper.  I was sort of looking forward to watching the Women's World Cup Soccer Championship when Florelle showed up at the house with a plain-as-day, hoop-earringed queer to dig up ocotillo, nopal, a banana tree, a fern, and another one I don't know for transplanting from our garden to hers.  I ended up in the backyard with a garden shovel and gloves instead of watching the game.  I wanted to ride my bike up to Dublin's to watch the rest, but Elmer showed up in his brand-new, cherry-red Acura.  Had a couple beers and some wings, and Elmer popped for some shots, so I got a Bushmill's on the rocks.  We shot three pool games, all of which I won, and the US won on a shootout against the Chinese.  We decided to go see the "South Park" movie, but we wanted to smoke first.  I'd left the smoke at home, though, so we headed back that way, but Elmer stopped at Big 5 to talk to his buddy Arturo and show off his brand-new, cherry-red Acura.  Then when we were leaving, he slammed his brand-new, cherry-red Acura into a post as we were backing out.  His crushed plastic bumper tripped him out.  On the way there, I had told him, "When you're sober, you can drive crazy, but when you're drunk, you have to drive like an old lady."  He wanted a high five.  Whatever.  8:34 I'm home now.  Thing's nowhere to be found, and I don't have the nuts to drive to the bachelor party.  I could call Carlos.  I've got to call Getoff about my Bible.  Shirelle's got on "Meet Joe Black."  I think it's about some retarded death angel.       I got Taco Bell.  Bomb jiggy boom buh bang bang juh jiggy bome.  Shirelle's going to Demona's to see a Chris Rock HBO special.  I have heart disease, I just don't know it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home