Friday, July 13, 2018

7-4-99 Su 6:54 PM
1901 Oceanfront, Venice Beach: Balcony over the cement boardwalk pocked with stains of the devil knows what all.  We mostly focus on the profusion of breast below, even Barbara came out and commented on that exact topic without any prompting; it's a sex stream flowing by down there -- Nah, that's ridiculous.  I added a few measly lines to Jim this morning, misappropriating Melville for my own misbegotten aims [ink line sketch of Muscle Beach Cafe sign advertising HOT DOGS along with a cartoonish picture of a hot dog and PIZZA with cartoonish pictures of pizza and SOFT SERVE with a cartoonish picture of soft serve ice cream on a cone and other lettering for ORIGINAL NY PIZZA)] I can't see what I was drawing before because are were standing in the way, but they're not now.  I saw a dog with piercing, pale, blue eyes.  A person of indeterminate sex, blue hair and lips, a coarse male face, thick neck, and massive implants shifted about steadily, casting for looks.
7-5-99 2:49 PM M
I'm in bed at home.  Big Unit Randy Johnson and the DBacks are taking on Big Mac Mark McGwire and the Cardinals in St. Louis.  I watched the Cubs beat the Pirates at Three Rivers earlier while I read the paper.  Shirelle and I had breakfast at Cava on Third and Orlando.  I had a noveau grilled chicken omelette with goat cheese and black pepper sauce.  Then we walked to the General Cinemas at the Beverly Center and saw "Big Daddy" with Adam Sandler.  It was another one of those bachelor-finds-baby-on-doorstep movies.  It was likable.  After this I'll have to read some more Idiot.  Then I've got to try to work on Jim.  Then I guess I'll watch "Tender Mercies."  I've got to start a health kick today.  No booze, no smokes, eat smart.  Right after I make myself a turkey burger.  Time to start a new journal.  I wonder if I have any here. [Ticket to LACMA Van Gogh's Van Goghs]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home