Monday, August 20, 2018

7-9-99 F 3:29 PM
The smoke-filled Bounty.  I came for a Monte Christo, but for the second time in a row, I'm shut down until four.  I got Jim up to page seventy-eight today.  Then I typed for fifteen minutes.  I started To Have and Have Not.  It reminded me that I need to call the Bahamas to charter a boat.  I should call Julia, too.  Seemed like there was something else -- Shirelle's got a baggie for me across the street.  I don't know what I'm going to do this weekend.  It's such a perfect summer afternoon; I feel obligated to partake of life, to travel and meet people.  The bartender and a couple old lushes are playing poker with the serial numbers on their dollar bills.  Another old guy is complaining that his daughter-in-law smokes pot.  "Can I have her number?" jokes still another old-timer.  They suspect that OJ is a patron of the latest Madam scandal and are certain that Jim Brown is an animal.  I took "Tom Jones" and "Ronin" back to Blockbuster and picked up "Waking Ned Devine" and "Meet Joe Black."  I should call Kayo and Drew about golfing next week.  What else?  "He's a gook, too," I hear the crusty old guys down the bar say. [sketch of John Wayne in black ink]  Can you tell that's John Wayne?      Maybe we should check out this "South Park" movie tonight.   I like the narration in To Have and Have Not.  First-person direct -- he speaks directly to the second person, to "you."  It's like you're sitting in a bar with him while he's telling the story.  "He's a fag," says Crusty down the bar.  "Asshole," says Poker Guy.  "I'm gonna stick it up your ass," says one.  "That's not nice.  This is nice genteel bar, you know.  Asshole," says the other.  I was thinking of buying the Limp Bizkit CD with the song I like so much on the radio, and also a Tom Waits effort.  I considered getting a new jack-off tape, but then I jacked off and didn't want it anymore.  Florelle came over.  She took some aloe plants.  Elmer called.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home