Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The Question That Never Goes Away

Su 5:15 PM 4-11-99
Shirelle's getting ready.  We're going out to eat.  It's been raining steadily all day.  I have been reading the paper.  I wrote a meaningless fifteen minutes. I finished reading Matthew.  It was disturbing and confusing and hard to believe.  My lips are chapped.  I've had a money order in my wallet for weeks and weeks. My brother gave it to me to pay me back for paying his fee on his credential.  I have to go up to the credit union on Cahuenga by Universal City to deposit it.  I figure I'll just blow the fifty bucks up there at Miceli's or something.  Maybe I'll go up to City Walk and get a book, a CD, see a movie...7:17 PM  We're at Miceli's.  The waiters are belting out slightly-altered-for-humor selections from "The Sound of Music."  Shirelle says, "You gotta get rid of that bed.  I think you've got chintzes." 
"How do you know?" I asked. 
"Because I've got all these little bites."
"I don't have any bites."
"Well, I do, and you have chintzes.
"How come they only bite you?"
"I don't know.  I notice them because I'm more sensitive than you are."
Red and white checkered tablecloths.  A mural of a full-moon-lit Venice canal.  And chintzes, supposedly.   Should we walk up to City Walk from here?  Should we see a movie?  Or should we head back home.  We drank a bottle of Maddelena Vineyard 1996 San Simeon Reserve Merlot.  We ate a clam and garlic pizza and chicken cannelloni.  I think I saw Senoritavilla's car in front of the new Los Feliz library. What else?  Shirelle says she has to get her ring cleaned.  She asked me if I thought there was someone better than her out there for me. I said, "That's always a tantalizing question for anyone, but even it there was, and I got with her, the question would always remain."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home