Monday, April 03, 2017

Th 1:25 PM 4-8-99
My "Jeopardy!" check has to come either today or tomorrow.  I wonder how much debt I have left on that GM card.  2:30  School's over now.  I went to Jack in the Box this morning.  My pants are feeling pretty tight.  It hasn't rained today, but word has it a big ol' storm is moving in from the Gulf of Alaska, sposed to bring cold temps and low-elevation snowfall.  I have to call the pharmacy to get my prescription refilled.  I haven't gotten the chance to read an Player Piano yet today.  I'm running a little behind.  What else?  I have to do another past-tense third-person page exercise when I [pencil sketch of stacked books and an apple] when I get home.  I did my fifteen minutes before school this morning.  I'll have to walk to class tonight.  I guess I can read about ten pages or so of Vonnegut as I walk.  I've got to fill out my attendance.  Tax day is a week from today.  I have to send the state a check for seven hundred and something dollars.  I'll go down to the office after this and find out what I have to do to change my withholding claim. What else?  Nothing.  There ain't nothing [pencil sketch of Bela Lugosi as Dracula 32-cent US postage stamp] else.  My pencil is dull, just like me.  I desperately need to start exercising again.  Should I sign up to teach summer school?  Or should I sub?  Or should I teach night school?  Or should I take the whole summer off and write?  Some combination of those things would probably be wisest. What else?  How will I get to the bottom of this page?  Tonight, I have to add some more car conversation with Jim and the girls and get them to the auto parts store which will turn out to be closed.  From there, what?  They get a ride to a gas station.  The girls drop them off at Kmart?  Oh, writing is a stupid waste of time.  I should have pursued acting.  Whatever.  What else?  Oh, what on [pencil sketch of Boris Karloff in Frankenstein 32-cent US postage stamp] heaven and Earth else?  Thank God tomorrow is Friday.  What else?  There ain't nothing.  I'm a cog in a machine. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home