Sunday, August 02, 2015

#30

"Thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of your brightness:  I will cast thee to the ground."
--Ezekiel

11-16-98 M 9:30 AM
Here we go again.  What book number is this?  Twenty-something?  The sky's blue, but it's chilly, a little, today.  The students are all doing a pretty diligent job or writing in their journals.  I typed for fifteen minutes this morning before work.  I ate no breakfast.  I woke up to NPR on the clock radio.  Iraq has been spared a bombing by recapitulating to UN inspectors.  Probably has everything hidden away by now.  I wonder how I would feel if I was a citizen of some country and some other heavily-armed country wanted to dictate what arms I could and couldn't develop.  I guess US policy is the safest, trying to prevent Hussein from developing "weapons of mass destruction" even if it's clearly hypocritical.  That's politics.  Whatever.  When I put on KROQ in the bathroom for my shower, they were talking about some dominance/bondage thing that I guess I'm too square to appreciate.  I didn't think it belonged on the radio.  All the stations are going with these x-rated morning shows.  I love sex as much as the next guy, but I'm a little insulted by this constant moronic titillation. I guess it's all about keeping up with the Sterns.
So I walked up to work, not a thought in my head.  Got a cup of coffee.  Chitchatted with Gary, the plant manager, about not wanting to get out of bed, the coming holidays.  Talked to Dwayne on the yard about the poor officiating in this weekend's football games.  Saw la vista de la Senorita Villasenor, quien hace mariposas volar en mi estomago, mi corazon ir pitter patter, y mis deseos, mis deseos...no se.  Anyway, I robe glances a ella and it seemed that ella was stealing a few a mi, too.  The assembly was about hurricane relief for Honduras, the Pledge of Allegiance, the Word of the Week, no yo-yos at school, no food on the yard, etc., etc.   All the while I stare a mi amor.
Mierda do toro.  Mi corazon tiene la consistencia del tiempo.  My heart has the consistency of the weather.  Some of my students are inexplicably (I think) confused about rounding to the nearest hundred.  How can it be any more straight-forward?
I saw Miss Gonzalez at recess.  She invited me out on a boat tonight to fish and watch the Leonid meteor shower.  That sounds pretty cool, but what about school tomorrow?  I don't want to miss that meeting.
Ugh.  I went to Taco Bell at recess.  I could kick myself.  I have to go to LACAS to get my attendance.  Have to teach ESL tonight.  Shirelle wants to have dinner after that and rent the movie "The Birdcage," because for some reason it's very important to her that I see Helen Hunt's husband who seems really gay in it, but isn't.  Ugh.  Whatever.  I wonder what the village chief's daughter is doing?  Nothing so lame as that, I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home