Wednesday, June 17, 2015

11-6-98 12:30 PM F
This will be hard to do.  Got the usual lungs-full-o'-crap.  Sat at lunch with Florelle and Ana.  Ana seems like a real critic.  Florelle's her usual upbeat self.  We talked about drinking.  It made me want to drink.  I've had no breakfast or lunch.  I got pizza at home.  And beer.  I can do my third person.  Watch a video.  Read Independence Day.  What else?  I should call Rawler.  Go to Q's.  Email Sharon.  Get some exercise.  Wish I could go fishing.  Maybe we'll play Spello before our spelling test today.  Maybe I'll ride a bus somewhere.  I want to get The Rum Diaries.  I have finish Independence Day, though, and then Into Thin Air, and then the Dalai Lama's Kindness book, and The Last of the Mohicans, and I guess I lost my copy of The Red Badge of Courage.  And I have to sprinkle in some of those Richard-Ford-selected Granta stories.  I almost felt like I could work on Jim yesterday.  Suddenly for some reason I remembered that bar Georges on Nineteenth and Newport in Costa Mesa.  The Phi Delt bar.  Eric is helping Shawn type his book report.  The rest of the children are reading their library books.  We did a lesson on counting and order and place value for math.  We'll be studying prairies during social studies.  I have a thirty-minute video called "The Prairie Chicken" about sage grouses, I think.  We've got to do that spelling test today, too, and hopefully play some basketball.  What else?  Here's Antwon.  I need a Rolaids.  I could almost go for a puff.  I have sores in my nose.  I need to lengthen Jim.  I'm getting hungry.  What else?  Blue skies, but a mite chilly today.  The first morning chill of the fall.  I wore a jacket to school for the first time this school year.  What else?  I have no real plans for the weekend.  Haven't had that wide-open feel for a while.  I got to try to write a few pages to stupid ol' Jim.  Got to just finish it.  I have to write a letter to my uncle.  Here's Antwon again.  What else?  I'm hungry.  How would things be different now if I had gone to Taco Bell for lunch?  Would I be bloated, tired, and full of self-loathing?  O would I be satisfied and full of well-being --or maybe I would have been run over trying to cross the street.  Maybe I'd be asleep at my desk right now.  Maybe I would have found a hundred-dollar bill.  What else?  I saw a six-year-old girl riding with her four-year-old sister on the handlebars and her five year old sister on the seat behind her.  I remember doing the same stuff.  I saw two dogs sniffing each other.  The first dog waited patiently for the traffic to pass so he could cross the street.  Shirelle and I quarreled in the car this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home